Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Peanut Sauce or, Best Quick Dinner Ever

1. Scoop some chunky peanut butter (about a tablespoon) out of a jar. Plop the PB in a bowl.

2. Pour about two tablespoons’ worth of your favorite orangey/gingerey type salad dressing (I use Price Chopper’s Central Market brand Mandarin Ginger Vinaigrette – has just 2 1/2 grams of fat per serving!) atop the peanut butter.

3. Microwave for about 20 seconds (or less; my microwave is unusually small and old.)

4. Stir together the peanut butter and dressing until they combine. Add more salad dressing until you reach the consistency that works best with whatever food you’re using it on. I usually mix the dressing with freshly cooked (i.e. still warm) noodles: I used to always use soba noodles but recently discovered that you can get much the same effect with – drumroll, please – Great Value* whole wheat thin spaghetti.

*for the uninitiated, Great Value is the Walmart store brand. Holla!

No comments: