Monday, February 18, 2008

Bon appetit!

In the spirit of embracing another of my interests as yet another of my hobbies, I bring to you my new blog, celebrating food and drink and my adventures in cooking and eating.

My previous attempts at regular blogging were dumb in that I blogged about nothing in particular. These efforts were hard to keep up and, I felt, not very entertaining. I am a person who prefers to stay on topic. Bitching and moaning about politics and low-carb eating were not very exciting topics for me to blog about, although anyone who knows me "in the flesh" knows that these are topics I very much enjoy bitching and moaning about in real life.

To that end, I bring you ("you" probably being "myself" for the time being) "Eat More Nutmeg." I am not a particular fan of the spice; I mean, it's great and all, but as any die-hard Connecticut resident will tell you, the term in reference to our forebears here is not particularly complimentary. But I thought it was fun, and less likely to draw people searching for restaurant recommendations and/or actual local food knowledge than my original title, "Nutmeg Eats."

Bon appetit!

No comments: