Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flo-rida

This Eat More Nutmeg dispatch comes to you from the Sunshine State, where I am visiting my cousin.

Food-wise, this trip to Florida is a little disappointing: I fear it's too warm to eat oysters without worrying about my gastrointestinal health, and Dish appears to be gone.

But while I was able to restrain myself from doing the Northerner-in-the-South thing and demand a trip to Sonic for the sweet treats that damn fool couple in all the commercials rave about, instead we went to Chick-Fil-A. I had heard about Chick-Fil-A but never ate there before, despite repeated trips to the South and a love of all things chickeney and fried.

Chick-Fil-A, where have you been all my life? And when are you going to expand to the area between New Jersey and Boston? (And I don't mean the Weinstein Food Court at NYU. That one doesn't count.) I promise, I'll never go to McDonald's again. Promise.

No comments: