Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Hilarious Recipe for Easy Beets

If you know me, you know that I enjoy beets. But long before I realized how much I loved beets, I loved puns. And once, way back when, I decided that one day I would come up with a recipe for something I could call “Block Rockin’ Beets.” Today’s the day!

You’ll need:
• Two cans of canned beets
• olive oil
• freshly ground pepper
• some thyme
• Kosher salt
• a baking sheet

Instructions:
1. Open the cans and drain the beets into a strainer. Be careful if you have a white sink, as I do.
2. Dump the beets onto a baking sheet. Pour some olive oil on them.
3. Sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and thyme.
4. Mix it all together with your hands or a utensil so that they are somewhat evenly coated. Spread the beets out so that there’s as much beet surface area touching the sheet as possible.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until they achieve the desired amount of crusty roastedness. Try and flip them once about halfway through. I usually leave them in for at least 40 minutes.
6. Enjoy!

No comments: